Engaging families with open and transparent communication is critical to a successful MTSS framework. Visit the resources below to engage families in your schools and districts as you implement a multi-tiered system of supports.
- Fostering Parent and Professional Collaboration (Technical Assistance Alliance for Parent Centers, 2008)
- IDEA Parent Guide (National Center for Learning Disabilities)
- Family Engagement Toolkit (National Center for Systemic Improvement)
- School-Family Partnership Strategies to Enhance Children's Social, Emotional, and Academic Growth (National Center for Mental Health Promotion and Youth Violence Prevention, EDC, Inc, 2011)
- What Every Parent Should Be Asking About Educational Data (National PTA Data Guide, 2013)
*The Implementation Tools webpage on BRIDGE-RI has resources on distance learning specifically designed for parents and families.
Additionally, Rhode Island Parent Information Network (RIPIN) and the National Center on Intensive Intervention (NCII) collaborated to produce three infographics on parent and family engagement in the intensive intervention process. Educators providing intensive intervention can use these infographics to help parents and families understand the supports their child is receiving and how they can engage in the process. All three infographics are available on the NCII website. Click on the icons or the buttons below to view.
Last modified: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:08 PM