This self-paced course will walk you through the big picture of what success looks like at Tier 2. This short overview is a prerequisite to registration in the other Tier 2 courses available on Practices, Data, and Systems at Tier 2. Learning objectives include:
- Describe the purpose and essential components of Tier 2
- Understand the "big picture" of Tier 2, and be able to navigate the Tier 2 courses available on BRIDGE-RI
- Preview effective Tier 2 guidelines
- Review Tier 2 exemplar(s) and identify areas of strength
- Identify and select next steps for learning
K-12 school- and district-based educators, including Tier 2 team members, interventionists, and administrators
Recommended # of PLUs
This is the second course in the Tier 2 strand. Expanding on the information introduced in the Tier 2 Overview course, here we explore "Practices" - the support provided to students who are at some risk of not achieving successful outcomes. Emphasis is placed on understanding the characteristics of Tier 2 support with a specific focus on how to find and select the right evidence-based interventions for successful Tier 2 practices. Participants completing this course will be well poised to move on to the next two courses in the Tier 2 strand, Data Use and Systems.
Please note that you must complete the Tier 2 Overview course first. Upon successful completion of that course, you will get an enrollment key to enroll in the other courses in the strand, including this course.
K-12 Educators, Coaches, Administrators, MTSS Teams
This course is designed to provide an overview of Check-In Check-Out, an efficient, evidence-based Tier 2 intervention intended to address low level behavior that is maintained by adult attention. Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the essential features of Check-In Check-Out (CICO)
- Be ready to try implementing CICO
- Know where to get additional information about CICO